The Association Specialists' Strategic Board Series is back in 2018.
Wednesday 16th May
Pan Pacific Hotel, South Wharf
Thursday 24th May
Parkroyal Darling Harbour
Registration is coming soon: Please keep an eye on this page for information about registration.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor partner for our next event please click below for more information.
Strategic Board Series 2017
TAS is extremely pleased with the feedback received from our inaugural event in the Strategic Board Series, 'Future proof your Association in 2018'. We are currently planning our 2018 series. In the meantime, details on the successful content and format of the 2017 event are below.
Future proof your Association in 2018
23rd November 2017, Park Royal Darling Harbour, Sydney
Tailored specifically to focus on the role of the strategic-thinking Board Member, the 2018 Association’s Survival Guide presented three panel discussions on key thought areas for 2018. Nine carefully selected subject matter experts offered insight, commentary and advice on how to position your association for a risk-free, innovative and engaged future. An evening designed to add value to your association.
When: 5.30pm – 8.30pm, 23rd November
Where: Blackwattle Room, Park Royal Darling Harbour, Sydney
Networking drinks and canapes included
5.30pm Arrival & Drinks
6.00pm Stay Afloat. Associations must look to new revenue streams to stay profitable. Richard, Michael and Francis discussed old and new techniques for building revenue streams beyond membership dues.
- Richard Stokes, Executive Director, Australian Boarding School Association
- Michael Bunker, Head of Digital Events, Redback Conferencing
- Francis Child, Managing Director, The Association Specialists
6.30pm Be Responsible. As a Board Member are you Accountable? Catherine was joined by experts from Guild Insurance and Meridian Lawyers to provide an overview on the next 12 months.
- Catherine Maxwell, National Director, Policy & Advocacy, Governance Institute of Australia
- Leigh Harper, Client Partnership Manager, Guild Insurance
- Michael Bracken, Principal, Meridian Lawyers
7.00pm Stay Engaged. Keep your membership informed with credible communications. Maximise your member interactions across a range of media platforms. Roger, Debbie and Nell shared their knowledge of good engagement and how to use marketing to build a community that cares.
- Dr Roger Harris, Co-creator of #smacc Social Media and Critical Care
- Debbie Bradley, Group Account Director, Zadro
- Nell Harrison, Director of Operations, The Association Specialists
For more information about the panellists please click here
7.30pm Networking Drinks & Canapes
Please subscribe below to be the first to hear about our upcoming events in the series!