Executive Officer Services for Associations
For organisations that have reached a critical point in their evolution, the employment of an outsourced secretariat is no longer enough to maintain the growing organisation and/or to assist in future growth plans. At this point, attention often turns to the establishment of a separate office specifically for the organisation and the employment of an Executive Officer (EO). Under the TAS EO model, this role is provided by us, under our management and care, in our offices and utilising our infrastructure, but with direct reporting lines to you, giving you ultimate control.
Our EO model gives your organisation its own senior management without the requirement to set up the infrastructure or become employers with the additional responsibilities this necessarily entails. Together with your TAS Secretariat, we provide your office and team, hosted within ours.
Structure and Management
Under the EO model, The Association Specialists works with your Board to determine specific requirements in terms of staffing, skill sets and work outcomes. Once this framework has been established we will:
- Undertake the recruitment process according to your criteria
- Set up a work space for your new EO within our offices
- Continue to provide your organisation with access to our existing staff in a variety of expertise areas
- Manage the day-to-day activities of your EO
- Manage the employee support functions for your EO
Control and Responsibility
Under the EO model, you retain control of your organisation’s strategic direction with the key personnel reporting directly to you.
- Your Board will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organisation
- TAS management will be responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the EO, but you have control over the direction given to them
- Your EO will report directly to your Board but has access to our Managing Director for consultation as required
The issue of risk management is increasingly important in today’s business environment.
By utilising our EO model, we are the employers and thereby minimise a great deal of the risk for your organisation and, importantly, your Directors in areas such as:
- Employee contracts
- Organisational compliance
- Corporate governance
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Systems and security
- Duty of Care requirements for Directors