Business Events Grant Program
APPLICATIONS CLOSED 30 MARCH.
They may reopen in April 2021 should the funding not be exhausted.
On 11 March 2021, the Australian Government announced an extension to the Business Events Grants program and changes to the program guidelines.
- The minimum grant amount will be reduced to $5,000 (from $10,000) to allow smaller businesses the opportunity to apply.
- Extending the support for events scheduled through to 31 March 2022 to allow events that were postponed early 2021 the opportunity to benefit from the program.
- Increasing the number of delegates covered by the grant.
- Increasing the sponsorship cap.
- Expanding the priority sectors.
- Applications for the grant will be extended to 30 June 2021. Expression of Interest (EOIs) for event owners to have their event included on the Schedule of Approved Business Events will also re-open early April.
- An updated version of the program guidelines and eligibility criteria for the Schedule of Approved Business Events will be published by end of March.
Business Events Perth - $25k National Keynote Speaker Funding Available
Business Events Perth is offering up to $25,000 to help secure extraordinary keynote speakers for national business events anywhere in Australia.
For a limited time, Western Australia’s convention bureau is offering a cash incentive to help business event planners lock in an outstanding headline speaker and in turn boost registrations for their 2021 business event.
The initiative can be applied for any city (including Perth) confirmed 2021 events but they would need to lock in a future year in Perth.
- With a minimum of 200 in person delegates and three day duration.
- National and International conferences.
- The Perth conference date must be held before 31st of December, 2024 and must be confirmed to Perth within 12 months of the 2021 event.
- Funding is up $25,000 and assessed as always on number of delegates.