The Association Specialists
Strategic Board Series
16 May 2018, 5.00 – 8.00pm | Pan Pacific Hotel, South Wharf, Melbourne
24 May 2018, 5.00 – 8.00pm | Park Royal Darling Harbour, Sydney
5.00pm: Registration and complimentary pre event refreshments
5.30pm: Welcome and Overview- Francis Child, Managing Director, The Association Specialists
5:35pm: Tourism NZ keynote introduction –Samantha Kent Business Events Bids Manager for Tourism NZ– Australia
5.45pm: PANEL 1: Transforming Governance, Advocacy and Lobbying: Best Practice in the Digital Era and what REALLY happened at CPA
Corporate culture and its impact on an Associations reputation is in the spot light more than ever. Good governance and building noble relationships with government, regulators, and other interested parties is of utmost importance. The role of the board needs to evolve to align with the changing business and societal landscapes. Boards have the role of ensuring the standards of governance reflect the changing landscape and the expectations of the membership.
In this session Brett Stevenson will also discuss the 2018 CPA debacle and the ensuing fall out
- Brett Stevenson, Founder/Director, Excellere and CPA whistle blower
- Catherine Maxwell, National Director, Policy & Advocacy, Governance Institute of Australia
- Francis Child Managing Director, The Association Specialists (Melbourne only)
- Alina Bain, CEO, The Export Council of Australia (Sydney only)
6.20pm: Q&A from the audience
6.25pm: PANEL 2: Inspiration and Insights for the Modern Marketing Association
Managing your brand and reputation is paramount in a world of rapid and on-going change. Growing your association innovatively in a transparent market place can be challenging. In a time of constant disruption, innovation is critical, and engagement and good communication is key.
- Trisca Scott-Branagan, Head of Marketing, Institutional, ANZ Bank
- Bill Moore, CEO, Fitness Australia
- John Broome, CEO, Australian Association of National Advertisers (Sydney only)
- Brenda Mainland, Director, Survey Matters (Melbourne only)
7.05pm: Q&A from the audience
7.15pm: Closing Remarks- Francis Child, Managing Director, The Association Specialists
7:20-8.00pm: Networking drinks
Wayne Shapiro, Corporate Facilitator, Sydney
Michael Goldsworthy, Principal Consultant, Australian Strategic Services, Melbourne
This event is kindly supported by Tourism New Zealand.
Please subscribe below to be the first to hear about our upcoming events in the series!